Are you a professional gamer or you are just starting this career? Well, we can call it a career because there are many people who dedicate themselves to this activity. And if it is a career, you need a proper place for this activity.
Yep, do you know that a usual desk and a normal computer aren`t the most suitable items for a real gamer? The thing is that gaming is a pretty demanding activity, whatever they might be telling you out there. You are sitting for hours, your mind is concentrated, your hand is on the mouse or a keyboard. Sometimes, you don`t even more properly for a couple of hours or so. So, you need to be fully equipped to manage gaming properly. Then, you can count on the following improvements:
- You will forget about pains in the back and neck.
- Migraines? They will leave you.
- Your mood will become much better (of course, the physical condition will improve significantly!)
- The concentration level will boost.
- Finally, you will simply enjoy what you are doing even more.
However, there are some more things to consider when choosing a proper desk to get the most out of your preferred drifting games. So, you need to buy a good item, and it is better if you can equip it with all the proper accessories. Here, you can learn what to pay attention to and what accessories you might need to arrange a perfect place for gaming.
Buy a Proper Gaming Desk
A gaming desk is a must. It will provide you with the needed comfort level. It, in turn, will help you to avoid plenty of unpleasant sensations and consequences.
So, choose a height-adjustable desk. You know that when the game is on and running, you might be stuck to your PC for hours. Why then risk your health? Get a suitable desk, and enjoy. What about this option that would satisfy even the most demanding gamers? Well, any other option would work, just check the features and make sure they satisfy your needs:
- The weight capacity: it is a must for your desk to be able to lift and lower all the available equipment. The weight capacity of the recommended option is 270 lbs which is more than sufficient for all your needs. Your equipment is safe, you can be confident that the desk won`t collapse together with your costly devices.
- The assembly: such devices come to be assembled. So, a good desk would not take you more than 30 mins to be assembled. Everything comes included, and you need to attach only the top to the lifting system.
- The warranty: make sure you check how long the warranty is and under which conditions you can return the desk. The optimal warranty time would be at least 10 years, and for a top-notch item, the one like a gaming desk, 15 years is the best.
- The design and materials: you are buying an expensive item. It means that you can expect it to fit your environment, look nice, and be pleasant to use. The most convenient option would be a desk top made from MDF in a colour you like.
- The noise generation: while in expensive models, it shall not be an issue, but still, we cannot miss this feature. You will be lifting and lowering the desk. If you don`t want to run away every time you do so, ask in advance or check the noise generation level. The lower the better – this is the principle based on which you can choose a good desk.
While it seems that there are too many requirements, don`t forget that you are buying a desk for a long time.
Along with a Desk, Don`t Forget Other Important Items
Now, when the desk is ready and set up, you can upgrade other items. What about a chair? Is it comfortable enough?
A comfortable gaming chair is an ergonomic chair. It repeats the shape of your body and supports your back and neck in their natural positions. So, even after hours of gaming, your back will not ache, and you won`t feel that unpleasant feeling of numbness in your neck.
An ergonomic carpet is a must if you still haven`t purchased it. With a height-adjustable desk, you will be able to play in a sitting or a standing position. If you have ever tried standing for hours, you know that feet start aching severely. An ergonomic carpet will help you to prevent these pains and fatigue in the feet by distributing your body weight evenly. So, you will simply forget about any unpleasant feelings in your feet.
An ergonomic mouse and keyboard are needed if you still haven’t them. They will provide a maximally pleasant experience from gaming and will help to prevent the very unpleasant condition called tunnel syndrome. If you take care of your health, it is a must.
Of course, you might need special gaming headphones, a support for them, and similar. But once you buy a desk and arrange the main items there, you will see what else is needed.
Don`t forget that you are buying your equipment not just to continue with unhealthy sitting practices. Use the desk as intended: interchange periods when you are sitting and standing. Ensure you set up the desk properly to feel comfortable in both positions. Finally, don`t forget about physical exercises: your standing desk can serve as a perfect support for some of them!
You can start with the easiest workout. For example, lifts on toes are among the most popular exercises for those who are just starting with sports. Further, you can move on with leg stretches, push ups, lifts from your chair, and similar. There are many exercises online, you can watch some videos and learn whatever you need.
Now, use your gaming desk and other items you have purchased as recommended, and you will notice positive results in a couple of weeks. Needless to mention that if you use the new standing desk constantly, your health condition will improve, and the gaming experience will boost.