People go through tough financial times nowadays. Many look for different ways to increase their extra income. While businesses are tricky to open, manage, and be successful, this idea method could quickly get you the money you are looking for – the tie-dye t-shirt business.
This tie-dye process has conquered people worldwide with vibrant colors and unique patterns. It is easy to do and also does not require any huge investments. It would be best to have a blank t-shirt, food coloring or professional dye, some rubber bands, and gloves. You can supply yourself with t-shirts in bulk, having the benefit of receiving discounts on your purchases, and you can start dyeing.
Here is a productive way to fill your time off. Before planning on starting a business, first, do a test run. Grab one of your blank t-shirts and dye them to see how it turns out. Grab some rubber bands, tie them accordingly, and let them soak for an hour. After soaking it, grab a large container and apply the coloring.
Let it overnight for the dye to set in, and check it the next day. If the colors are not as vibrant as you wish them to be, you can reapply the colors. If they seem alright, you can rinse the t-shirt and dry it. There you have the first product.
1. Create Your Website
Your website does not have to be anything fancy. Focus more on making it simple rather than complex. It would help if you considered using an open API before you start posting so that your location and privacy will be protected. Choose a website-building platform to make your job much easier. You can find the most popular and valuable options with a simple search online. Once you have chosen one to use, you need a domain name.
The name of your choice should be followed by .com and will represent the URL address of your shop. Choose something easy that relates to the activity your business focuses on, like “Handmade Tie Dye T-shirt.” Once this step is done, designing the website is the only thing left to do in this process. You can use templates and modify changes on them or start all over if you look unique.
2. Supply Your Blank T-shirt Stock
Once the website is done and ready to run, you have to be sure you have enough products in the beginning. Do not go over your head to make hundreds of shirts before starting, and supply yourself with a large batch from a high-quality blank t-shirt from wordans.com. A few dozens should be enough, to begin with. Be sure of the quality before starting to see any tie-dye t-shirt. Consider choosing 100% pure cotton fabrics because they tend to hold color more, and you can create different color intensities.
Do not create the same design and colors more than two times for each size. Try to vary color intensities from pastel to more vibrant and make various patterns. Making a tie-dye t-shirt can be a pretty complex process, which can help you create multiple designs.
Be sure you have different basic blank t-shirt sizes available. Consider supplying small, medium, and large sizes to broaden the range of your possible customers. Also, it would help if you considered investing in more than one primary shirt color. While white is the most efficient to apply the dying process, you can also try bright and pale shades of blue, pink, green, and other colors.
3. Marketing Plan
Besides knowing how to run and manage a business, it is vital to research marketing techniques before starting. This way, you will ensure your business will become competitive in the marketplace. First, you must do some research to analyze and understand what customers are looking for when buying your items. For a business to thrive, it needs an efficient marketing plan and many promotional activities. Also, effective marketing techniques will help increase revenue and profit by developing a reliable connection to customers by providing for their desires.
An efficient marketing plan includes the following aspects:
- Your brand’s identity includes elements that will help the desired audience understand your vision. Brand identity relates to aspects that fit your target, activity, and values. Gain the trust of your customers by letting them know who you are and how you care about their needs.
- Target audience: this aspect relates to a group of people that might be interested in what products you make and sell. Client evaluation or profiling can be beneficial in making your business thrive. Before opening a business, you need to know what type of people would like to invest in your products.
- Marketing goals: you can start by setting smaller goals to reach initially. After applying the marketing plan, you should hope to get results, such as brand awareness, a more extensive range of potential customers, and boosted sales. Promote your products accordingly each week to ensure you reach your goals.
- Adjust your plan: Once you have your business up and running, keep an eye on how the marketing plan works out and consider adjusting the project on the go to ensure good competitive results.
4. Constantly Promote Your Tie Dye T-shirt Business
Consider investing in collaborating with an advertising company to promote your tie-dye t-shirt business. Such commercials are extremely useful and productive for small businesses. Bringing your products to public notice in such ways, knowing that people are constantly looking for unique brands that respect their customers, will guarantee your business success.
An essential option for posting commercials for small businesses is social media. With almost 80% of the population spending more and more time on these online platforms, keeping them up to date with your products is relatively easy. You can try posting in groups or paying a small fee for the social media channel to promote your business and place it at the front of the marketplace.