Foundation is one of the trickiest makeup products amongst all. If selected properly, it can turn an ordinary face into a glamorous one. But if you get a foundation that is not according to your skin tone, it can make you look disastrous.
No matter how problematic your skin is, the right foundation will make it flawless one can dream of. Yet there are a lot of people who feel it hard to choose the right type of foundation.
If you are one of those then definitely you are on the right platform. We are gonna tell you how to deal with your daily look without going too much or too little with your foundation. Similarly, we are gonna help you select the right shade for yourself to get a naturally flawless look.
Common Problems and their Solutions;
- While going to get a foundation, there are many queries that may arise in your mind. One of the most common problems in selecting a foundation is its formula. Most people get confused that either they should go with cream or liquid foundation, or simply powder is gonna work for their skin type.
A simple answer to this is to first explore your skin type.
- If you know less about makeup then you must go for powder because it is easy to handle. It gets absorbed in the skin easily without showing prominent mistakes. You can also go for a cream compact. It is easy to apply and good for dry skins as well.
- If you have extremely dry skin, you should go for a liquid foundation. Such foundations have a creamy formula that hydrates your skin and does not give you a caked look. It blends out smoothly on dry skin to give flawless coverage. You can also go for hydrating powders as well. They will do the same as that of the liquid foundations.
- Contrarily people with oily skin must select powders or oil-free foundations. Small particles in the powder will help absorb extra oil and moisture from the skin and give you a natural look. Also, you need to be careful about the acne and often breakouts if you have oily skin.
- People with combination skin types have to deal with it tactfully. Areas that are producing more oil need to be dealt with powder while you may use a stick for the rest of the areas.
- Some people also report that their makeup comes off quickly. If their face is touched with anything, the makeup wipes away with it.
We suggest a simple solution to this problem. All you need to do is to put a bare sponge on your face once you apply the foundation. Other than that you can put some translucent powder on your face as well. It will help set the foundation on your skin for a longer period of time.
- Many people are curious about the “finish” and what kind of finish they need.
The finish is actually a whole look a foundation leaves on your face. It can be matte, semi-matte, or even luminous
- Foundations that are matte give you a look that is shine-free and are usually best for oily skin types. Because they absorb excess oils from the skin to give you a subtle look.
- Usually, foundations give you a semi-matte sheen. This looks natural and covers all skin types.
- Lastly, if you have dry skin you should go for luminous foundations. They add extra moisture and glow to your skin. It helps to cover fine lines and wrinkles which is one of the most common problems faced by people with dry skin.
- People often complain that once they are out with their glamorous look, their foundation starts setting into the fine lines. This destroys their look.
The only solution to avoid this problem is to use a lesser amount of foundation in those areas. Also frequently hydrate those areas with moisturizers and creams.
- There are some people who find it hard to get a foundation that best suits their skin shade.
If you are one of those people then we will suggest you to go to a store that offers you professional help as well. Although buying from a specialized store or a professional place will be a little expensive for you initially. But once you will get a perfect foundation for your shade you will never regret it.
- Some women also put a query that their face often looks much caked whenever they use powder.
To deal with this, all you need to do is to tap the brush to remove extra powder from it which can make you look overdone.
- Women sometimes complain that they cannot attain a monotonous shade altogether from face to neck.
While buying your foundation you must match your foundation with the tone of your jawline. Jawline has the medium tone in between the face and the neck. So you can get the same tone altogether.
- Sometimes even moisturizing your skin before putting foundation on does not work for you. Your foundation yet looks overdone or too much.
We will suggest you to take care of your skin properly. Use sunscreens, hydrate it frequently. Also, scrub your skin once or twice a week to remove dead skin cells. Doing so will help the skin to retain the foundation for longer.
It will also help the foundation to merge onto your face properly. You can also use a primer for the purpose. Even if you apply concealer, try to use a primer first to get better results.
- Confusion is seen whether to use sponge, brush or simply fingers to blend out the foundation properly.
Well, it depends on various things including the type of skin and the kind of foundation you are using.
- If you are using a liquid foundation, you can use your fingers to blend it out. It blends foundation evenly.
- While using a sponge will help you get a more perfect blend. All you need to go with the right technique while using a sponge. Tap it slightly onto your skin to let the foundation absorb in your skin better. Striking movements will not give you the right finish. You can also make the sponge damp.
- The brush makes the blending process smooth and even. We will suggest you to get brushes with synthetic bristles. Also, select for the appropriate cut and shape of the brush to get better blending. Different shapes are available for different areas of your face.
- Sometimes you may get brushstrokes while blending foundation with the brush.
A simple way to get rid of them is to lightly press your palm against your face. It will even out everything easily.
Hopefully, the article would have helped you out in selecting the right foundation for your skin type. If you still have queries and looking for better reviews you can surely visit aaplusreviews.com.