Alfred Hitchcock’s Ghostly Gallery
If your parents managed to keep you away from the eleven spooky stories edited by Alfred Hitchcock in 1962 then perhaps this is for the best. Hitchcock and kids just doesn’t seem to be a natural combination. Is it scary? Here is a quote from the introduction written by Mr. Hitchcock himself: “A ghost’s life is not as happy and carefree as you think. They must live in dark, damp places. They are usually denied human companionship”. Yes, this will one will warp a little person for life, but it is great fun to be scared by someone who is so very good at it.
The 25 Scariest Hauntings in the World
The 25 Scariest Hauntings in the World by Mary Batten written in 1996. Some of the stories are pretty scary even if you are a bit older, like 35 or so.
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
Kidnapped parent, uncaring adults, storms, weird old ladies, and a terrifying alien that takes over people’s brains and that’s only by the middle of the book. Fun!
The Mennyms by Sylvia Waugh
Living ragdolls living in a London flat trying not to attract too much attention, yep that won’t freak out a little kid at all. YES, it will.
The Dollhouse Murders
The Dollhouse Murders by Betty Ren Wright written in 1983. Speaking of scary doll books in this novel a little girl named Amy finds an old doll house in the attic. After her discovery creepy things start to happen. If you give this to a child who is under 12 years of age just leave the bedroom door open because the poor kid will be sleeping with you until she’s ready to date.
- - The Brothers Grimm : http://www.chroniclebooks.com/images/lightwindow/9780811854597/talesFromtheBrothersGrimm05.jpg
- - The Little Mermaid By Hans Christian Anderson: http://www.jimhillmedia.com/mb/images/upload/mermaid-concept-30-web.jpg
- - The Legend of Sleepy Hallow : http://mccantsstrings.anderson5.net/res/20092010/sleepy_hollow.jpg
- - Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland: http://images2.layoutsparks.com/1/3094/Alice-wonderland-paradise-trees.jpg
- - The War of the Worlds: http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/pocket-books/958-1.jpg
- - Alfred Hitchcock’s Ghostly Gallery : http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_YGVLM2i9n6o/SSyMghpnkTI/AAAAAAAAA6Y/RPwSGxjxv9E/s400/01-Splash.jpg
- - The 25 Scariest Hauntings in the World: http://images.filedby.com/bookimg/1565/9781565654860.jpg
- - A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle : http://blog.westervillelibrary.org/teens/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/wrinkle-in-time-cover.jpg
- - The Mennyms by Sylvia Waugh.: http://img1.fantasticfiction.co.uk/images/n8/n41953.jpg
- - The Dollhouse Murders: http://underagereading.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/dollhousemurdersoriginal.jpg