Salt and Pepper Shakers
Is it bad that most college students don’t have salt and pepper shakers yet the most murderous and violent members of society don’t just own them; they see the utility in them so much that they actually invest real time and energy into making a set themselves. As you can see, there are a number of ways by which they can do this. They can fill lighters with the condiments, however, must also remember not to forget what’s in them lest they look extremely stupid when having a smoke in the yard. Likewise, they can also fill chapstick containers, which kind of reduced the problem of them accidentally trying to use them to light cigarettes, but doesn’t reduce the embarrassment level of actually owning a couple of containers of chapstick whilst in prison.
A Chess Set
Now we don’t like to think of prisoners as intelligent people, but some actually are. In order to prove that further if it’s needed, here’s a chess set that was found in one prison, probably in Germany. It’s made from cardboard for the actual board, and the pieces are made from paper mache. Part of us really doesn’t want to know what they used to color the other side’s pieces brown with, considering the only sources of paper for paper mache behind bars is from the supplies of toilet paper. The only things that is baffling is why this was confiscated by the guards in the first place: do they have some kind of problem with chess? Or do they think that the prisoners are secretly experimenting with escape techniques during every ‘checkmate’ moment? Whatever the reason, they might do well to learn to play themselves just to boost the brain power and such.
Again, this is the sort of thing that most of the world doesn’t have, never mind the student population of it all. This is a snack table, or a games table by the looks of it. The thing is that this is also literally a snack table: the prisoners who made it created it out of masking tape and empty packets of ramen noodles. Again, most of us don’t have this sort of thing, and there’s not a goddamn Ikea to be found inside a prison, although these prisoners could probably be making some extra money by setting one up and creating stuff like wardrobes and chests of drawers and cabinets for the special shivs and guns and all that sort of thing.
Yeah, some prisoners made candles, which is... actually quite nice to be honest. Although we never thought that there’d be much need for them in prison, what with there being no real opportunities for romance and all. Although, little touches make the difference. This particular model was made from an empty yoghurt pot, which suggests that maybe whoever makes these yoghurts might do well to stop using such flammable ingredients in them. Other uses apart from romance, say the serious people, include sterilising needles (like the ones for that tattoo machine above) and seeing in the cell after the lights get turned out. Pft, where’s the jokes to be made there? Although we do feel a bit less manly now for never having thought of these things first.
- - A Grill: http://img.weburbanist.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/toaster-or-grill.jpg
- - A Lathe: http://img.weburbanist.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/mini-lathe.jpg
- - An Immersion Heater: http://img.weburbanist.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/still-heater.jpg
- - A Radio Bug: http://img.weburbanist.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/bug-or-transmitter.jpg http://img.weburbanist.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/receiver.jpg
- - A Tattoo Machine: http://img.weburbanist.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/tattoo-gun.jpg
- - Salt and Pepper Shakers: http://img.weburbanist.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/salt-and-pepper-shakers.jpg
- - A Chess Set: http://img.weburbanist.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/chess-set.jpg
- - A Table: http://img.weburbanist.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/dice-or-snack-table.jpg
- - A Candle: http://img.weburbanist.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/prison-candle-2.jpg