You may already think Woody Harrelson is talented. He wasn’t bad in “Zombieland”, but that sort of performance won’t help you in this list. In Star Wars terminology, he’s an A-wing; reliable, stable- but he’s no Millennium Falcon. However, to think that Woody can’t turn his acting up a notch, would be a mistake. Unlike some of the other actors on this list, Harrelson doesn’t have one or two performances or movies to hang his hat on- he has an entire career. He was nominated for “Best Supporting” for “The Messenger”. He got a nomination for “Best Actor” for “The People vs. Larry Flynt”. He has been in “Wag the Dog” a great political black comedy, “A Scanner Darkly”, “The Thin Red Line” which had seven Academy Award nominations, and “No Country for Old Men” which stole the 2007 Academy Awards. It turns out Woody is a phenomenal actor- instead of that semi-obscure, ugly guy you thought he was… well he’s probably that as well. Yes Woody Harrelson is talented. Yes Woody Harrelson is ugly. No, white men can’t jump.
Mr. Cage is the man that inspired this article. Never before has Hollywood seen an actor who is has such immense talent but is pretty content with doing movies like “Bangkok Dangerous”, “Ghost Rider” and “The Wickerman”.
Nick Cage is an Academy Award winner for Best Actor. That’s right. Those aren’t like Golden Globes, which everyone has - he’s won the real deal. He earned it for his performance in “Leaving Las Vegas” where he systematically drinks himself to death and befriends a prostitute along the way. This is the same actor in “Con Air” and “G-force” mind you. After doing a couple more blockbusters and a few more flops, the real Nick Cage returned in 2002 with “Adaptation”. Again he was nominated for “Best Actor”- as if to remind everyone that the joke is on us. In short, Nick Cage is like a mythical Chinese Dragon that appears every thousand years, except when Nick Cage resurfaces he doesn’t herald the end of the world, he just behaves like a talented actor.
Know some more actors who slightly more flak than they deserve? Post them below!
- - Ben Affleck: http://wheelontheweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/ford.jpg http://chud.com/articles/content_images/5/daredevil.jpg
- - Randy Quaid: http://aarontodd.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/randyquaid.jpg
- - Joe Pesci: http://inthenameofmovies.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/lethalweapon5.jpg http://blog.news-record.com/staff/culture/Goodfellas-Joe-Pesci_l.jpg
- - Woody Harrelson: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_AixTgMeTSPc/SbE6cbr5sQI/AAAAAAAAAPw/E6gJrhM8t8I/s200/Woody-Harrelson-No-Country-for-Old-Men_5.jpg
- - Nicholas Cage: http://pinstripebindi.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/281x211.jpg http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_MfEUzep_GRE/SK29t7bPNNI/AAAAAAAAClA/kUgQT5B_3lc/s400/next.jpg